We arrived in Doha on last Thursday in the wee hours of the morning. Thank goodness it was at that hour because Ramadan is in full swing which means late night traffic is crazy! So what were my thoughts upon arrival for our second year in the desert?
1. It is HOT still, but not as hot as I remembered it in August 2009. We are getting acclimated to heat I guess (especially after being HOT in Thailand just before our arrival).
2. I missed our kitties and I am glad to see them again. They missed us and slept with us through the first night. We had a 3 day layover from in Doha after our 3 week vacation in the US and before our Thailand adventure, so they were probably still feeling clingy with abandonment issues lingering.
3. I don't really want to go back to work, but I am very much ready to have a purpose other than vacationing. I thrive on a regular schedule that includes home cooked meals, my own bed, regular distance running, access to the Internet, and work of some sort.
4. I cannot believe that we will be off again for Eid again next week! We'll be going to Sri Lanka - a place neither of us have visited. And I already know I like the place because it is a mere 5 hour plane ride! Yea! for short flights!
5. In these idle days of Ramadan my mind wonders 'Where are we going next? Will Qatar ever become interesting or will I just count the paydays until my contract ends?'
6. I saw this article about Qataris and other rich Gulf Arabs that holiday in England in The New York Times.
Until Next Time,
Photo Credit: Swns.com via The New York Times and the London Journal